This is a great recipe for a busy weekend or weekday dinner when you’re short on time. I marinade boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade for about an hour and then grill it with some onion and zucchini slices. I'm also using Cattleman's Grill Ranchero rub on the chicken. Ranchero is great on poultry and we'll be introducing this soon. Check out the full recipe below.
Grilled Chicken Pitas
- 2lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- 2oz Cattleman’s Ranchero seasoning
- 1oz Cattleman’s California Tri-tip seasoning
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 White Onion
- Pita Bread or your favorite flat bread
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomato
- Feta Cheese – crumbled
- Tzatziki sauce
- Place Chicken Thighs in a ziplock bag and pour a quarter of the bottle of Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade over the thighs. Move the thighs around in the marinade for even coverage and refrigerate for at least one hour up to overnight.
- Wash and vertically slice the zucchini into 1/4” pieces, quarter the onion.
- Set up a grill for direct heat grilling.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and place on the grill. Season each thigh with Cattleman’s Ranchero seasoning as they cook. Total cook time is about 10 minutes or to 175 degrees internal temperature. Place each thigh on a platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place the vegetables on the grill. Season with Cattleman’s California Tri-Tip seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender turning as needed.
- Warm the pitas for 30-45 seconds on the grill. Slice the thighs into bite size pieces and place on a platter along with the grilled vegetables. Serve family style with lettuce, diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.